Wendy Carlisle Adams
35244, Alabama [AL], Bessemer
35244, Alabama, AL, Bessemer
9AM - 4PM
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
Wendy joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith, LLC in January of 2004. She is a senior manager with a primary focus on tax planning and compliance for large, medium and small businesses whether they are well established or in the start-up phase. Wendy also works extensively with individual clients on tax planning and compliance. She has devoted almost her entire career to the public accounting field and has over 30 years of experience working for local CPA firms.
Wendy was inspired by her mother to choose a career in accounting. Early on, Wendy helped prepare tax returns for her mother’s tax business and developed a desire to provide great service to clients. She went on to become an advocate for the small business entrepreneur. Those who know Wendy describe her as detail-oriented, organized and available to assist others. She attributes her success to helping others succeed.
Wendy was born in Memphis but grew up in Decatur, Alabama. She currently resides in Homewood with her husband, Chris. They enjoy traveling and spending time with friends. She and her husband enjoy the old car hobby and are active members of the Heart of Dixie Chevelle Club.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- American Financial Women’s Alliance
- Board Member
- Past Treasurer
- Past Vice-President
- Past President – 1998-1999
- University of Alabama – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- University of Alabama at Birmingham – Accounting Equivalency