Keith M Barfield
35234, Alabama [AL], Birmingham
35234, Alabama, AL, Birmingham
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
“Provide peace of mind for my clients.”
Keith is a member of Barfield, Murphy, Shank, & Smith who leads the firm’s information systems efforts. As a founding member, his responsibilities are vast, ranging from accounting issues including restructuring company debt, bank and bonding relationships and negotiations, operational and organizational restructuring, strategic planning, acquisitions, dispositions, family transitions, business value enhancement, technology utilization and turnaround assistance. Keith’s clients range from architects, construction companies, franchises, manufacturing and distribution businesses, to those in the technology and service industries.
Keith attributes his success to pure enjoyment of working with clients to solve problems, using innovation and out-of-the-box thinking. His father’s guidance also swayed him into the accounting profession. Keith is described as approachable and passionate about his clients.
Born in LaGrange, Georgia, Keith currently resides in Birmingham, Alabama with his five children. He is an avid consumer of technology and enjoys motorcycle tours in his free time.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- BDO Alliance USA
- Firm Liaison
- Subcontractors Association of Alabama
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
- Innovation Depot
- Board Member
- Alabama Germany Partnership
- Birmingham Venture Club
- 2013 Award Selection Committee
- Greater Shelby Chamber of Commerce
- Past Vice Chair of Finance and Administration Committee
- Auburn University – Bachelor of Science, Accountancy