Doug Newton Barfield
36830, Alabama [AL], Auburn
36830, Alabama, AL, Auburn
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Doug Barfield came on board with the Auburn team in 2014. After graduating from Auburn with an accounting degree in 2010, he worked in auditing public and private companies at another firm for four years before he joined BMSS. Specializing in the audits of manufacturing, retail distribution, municipalities and employee benefit plans, Doug strives to provide excellent service to solve problems and meet deadlines for his clients.
Ensuring that tax information is provided in the timeliest and most effective manner, and serving as an advocate to various clients seeking to resolve matters with the IRS, Doug is the epitome of a team player. His ability to see the big picture may be, in part, attributed to his playing football at Samford University for two years. His belief that he is a part of something bigger than himself pushes him to contribute to helping everyone achieve success.
Doug grew up in Atlanta, but has always had roots in Auburn, AL. After finishing school at Auburn University, he grew to love the quality of life in the quaint town of Auburn and couldn’t bring himself to leave. In his free time, Doug enjoys working out and spending time with his dog.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Opelika Rotary Club
- Kiwanis Club of Auburn
- Opelika Chamber Ambassador
- Alabama Head Injury Foundation- regional board member
- Auburn University- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Master of Science, Accounting