Jake Edward Bechert
35244, Alabama [AL], Bessemer
35244, Alabama, AL, Bessemer
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
“I do not expect perfection, but I do expect excellence.”
Jake joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2015 and assists with audit and tax work. He primarily works with nonprofit organizations, estate, HUD and employee benefit plans.
Jake previously worked for a local accounting firm where he specialized in auditing nonprofits, employee benefit plans and HUD projects. He also prepared tax returns for various industries. Many would describe Jake as hardworking and determined. He attributes much of his success to his determination and desire for quality work. Jake’s favorite quote is “There is no honor in mediocrity. Honor can only be attained through excellence.” He likes this quote because it reminds him to always put forth his best work in everything he does.
Jake grew up in Union Grove and now resides in Vestavia Hills. He has three younger siblings. Jake has a passion for the arts and reading. He owns hundreds of books. Jake also enjoys running.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Huntingdon Alumni Association
- University of Alabama at Birmingham – Masters of Accountancy
- Huntingdon College
- Bachelors of Arts in Accounting
- Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration with an Emphasis in Economics