Kate Lauren Fluker
35244, Alabama [AL], Bessemer
35244, Alabama, AL, Bessemer
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
“I see my clients as people, not as projects.”
Kate joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2009 as an intern, and currently serves as a supervisor in the tax department. She performs reviews and tax returns for contractors, travel agencies, restaurants, real estate developers, manufacturers and service providers. She also manages the firm’s tax preparation software. Kate’s specialty is working with multi-state tax compliances for small to medium-sized businesses.
Kate attributes her success to her faith in God as well as her driven and goal-oriented personality. She was interested in going into accounting because she liked the idea of helping small business owners be successful.
Kate grew up as an “Army brat” and moved eight times before she graduated high school in Germany. Her experiences as a child have helped her learn to adapt and thrive in new and different situations. Kate currently resides in Birmingham and enjoys the revitalization that is going on in the city. She also enjoys hiking, spending time outdoors, leading a Bible study in her neighborhood and being a member of The Church at South East Lake.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- ASCPA Young CPA Cabinet Member
- Birmingham Young CPAs
- Salvation Army Christmas Party Chair for Birmingham YCPAs
- Birmingham Business Alliance OnBoard Birmingham Initiative
- Member of the ASCPA Leadership Academy Class V
- Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting, 2009
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Arts, German, 2009
- Master of Accountancy, 2010