Matthew D Dunaway
35243, Alabama [AL], Birmingham
35243, Alabama, AL, Birmingham
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
I’ve lived in Alabama my entire life. I love living here and raising my family here. I married my college sweetheart and have two wonderful kids. I’m very grateful for my family, and they are a big reason for why I do what I do.
I work a little differently than most lawyers. Maybe that’s because I’m not like most lawyers. I grew up in a small town in Alabama…a really small town. Notasulga, AL isn’t big, but it was a great place to grow up, and it, along with the values my parents taught me, shaped who I am today. I attended both Auburn University (’93) and the University of Alabama School of Law (’96). Having practiced law in Alabama for almost 20 years, I feel confident I can help you.
I like helping people. That’s why I practice law and focus in the areas I do. Sometimes, things don’t go like we expected them to go. I can vouch for this from personal experience. And sometimes, we need help getting back on track.
That’s what I do. I help people get back on track, financially.
What to expect when you contact my office (how I work):
- When I’m working I try to focus on the task at hand and not be distracted by the innumerable calls, emails, and notifications that bombard us on a daily basis.
- I do this by adhering to the “deep work” philosophy proposed by Cal Newport in his book “Deep Work.”
- What does this mean for my clients and potential clients?
- When I’m working on your case, nothing distracts me. I am totally focused on your case.
- Of course, this means that when you call my office, I might not be available take your call at that time, because I am totally focused on the task I am working on at that time. Thus, please leave a message with the receptionist and I will call you back.
- It also means that I don’t respond to emails instantly. Email is a wonderful tool, but I’ve found that checking it constantly is distracting and not productive.
- Two or three times per day, I will check my phones messages and email and respond accordingly.
- Usually, I like to schedule a phone consultation, before having a potential client come into the office. I find it’s both easier to schedule and more convenient. You don’t have to take off from work or worry about the kids.
- After you’ve had your initial phone consult, then you can schedule a time to meet me at my office to move forward with your case.
- When you schedule an appointment with me, you’ll sit down and talk to me; not a secretary or paralegal. I enjoy meeting my clients, getting to know you and figuring out how I can help you.
- From start to finish, I’ll walk you through each and every step, until we’ve accomplished your goals.