77019, Texas [TX], Houston
77019, Texas, TX, Houston
- Tax preparation and planning, specializing in small businesses.
- Maximizing tax savings in compliance with all tax laws.
- Preparation of payroll tax reports
- Preparation of sales tax reports
- Preparation of franchise tax reports.
- Skilled in the accounting software Quickbooks.
- Setup new businesses in use of Quickbooks including check writing and payroll.
- Train employees in use of Quickbooks including check writing and payroll.
Certification Certified Public Accountant in the State of Texas in 1987.
Education Masters of Accountancy from the University of Houston in 1983.
Memberships American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Experience: Trained in major accounting firm preparing tax returns for individuals, partnerships and corporations. Later worked in the tax department of homebuilding firm. For the last 18 years has had own firm preparing tax returns for individuals, sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, and trusts.
Ways to save on tax prep fees:
- Have all paperwork together at the same time
- Look at last years tax return to be sure all 1099's have been received.
- Have expenses totaled up.
- Have mileage numbers available: total and business miles for each vehicle used.
- Have closing statements on any sale or purchase of a home.
- Have contributions split between cash and non-cash
- Have details on any non-cash contributions over $500: date purchased, original value, current fair market value, and date donated.
- Have any estimated tax payments listed by date and amounts.
- Have property tax payments included that were paid within the year of the tax return (not the property tax year.)
- Have details on any stock sold including date purchased and original cost.