Mark D. Stephens
27705, North Carolina [NC], Durham
27705, North Carolina, NC, Durham
Strong background in accounting, financial control, and business operations. Have accomplished the startup and development of two profitable businesses. Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Colorado and North Carolina.My next goal is to grow my emerging accounting, tax and advisory practice. I am continually seeking clients that would benefit from my knowledge and business experience. I passionately seek to assist my clients in winning financially.Specialties: Accounting service, business valuation/appraisal, tax planning and preparation, computerized accounting system implementation, project management, business growth and development consulting. We provide a Full Range of Accounting Services in Durham, NC including Apex, Cary, and Raleigh
Income Tax Preparation
- As certified tax preparers, we offer tax preparation that utilizes the depth of our experience and knowledge to obtain the lowest tax liability allowed under the law. We don't stop our service after the returns is prepared. We seek to offer advice that could save you money in the future.
Tax Planning Strategy
- Depending on your situation and needs, we will proactively sit with you before the year ends and offer advice on specific actions you might take to reduce your tax liability. We also assist in developing plans that will impact the long-term tax implication arising from business opportunities, investments, and other financial arrangements.
- In the event you receive a notice from the IRS, we assist you by dealing with the IRS and state revenue departments directly. This service covers the range of possibilities including audit requests, levy and garnishment notices, offers in compromise, penalty abatements, etc.
Filing of Back Taxes
- In dealing with IRS and state revenue issues, taxpayers need to be current with their tax filings. We are happy to prepare prior year tax returns that will assist you in this regard.
- Should you have reason to investigate the presence of possible employee fraud, our professionals have the experience and credentials necessary to make fraud determinations. We will work with law enforcement and other agencies to bring the situation to a resolution.
- Our credentialed professionals have the expertise to determine the presence of fraud within the procurement process. This type of fraud can cost your company or organization significant amounts of money which will reduce your operating margins and inhibit your ability to deliver cost-effective products and/or services.
Estate and Gift Valuation
- IRS and State Revenue regulations require that assets and businesses transferred through estates and gifts be properly stated at fair market value. Our firm has the knowledge and expertise to prepare the analysis and research necessary to value such assets and provide the proper valuation reporting.
Marital Dissolution Valuation
- We provide an objective determination of the business interests and other assets that may be part of divorce settlement proceedings. We provide objective work that will stand up to the scrutiny of the legal process.
Buy/Sell Agreements >
- Our firm can help you structure these type of agreements so that your firm or company is prepared to transition ownership. We will seek agreements that are mutually beneficial to the company, the selling individual, and the remaining partners/shareholders.
Bookkeeping and General Ledger Accounting
- Our team of accounting experts can provide complete bookkeeping services to record all business transactions in accordance with tax and accounting principles. You provide us access to the source transaction documents and we will do the rest, including bank statement reconciliations.
Financial Statement Preparation
- We will prepare standard financial statements so that you know where your business stands financially at all times throughout the year. We will work with transactions entered by your staff should you desire to provide the bookkeeping. We help you make sense of the detail.
Compilations and Reviews
- Our CPAs will be pleased to prepare financial statements that required additional procedures that may be required by your banker or other stakeholders in your business. We ensure that all professional standards are met.
Payroll Processing Services
- Payroll has to be completed on a timely and accurate basis in order to keep employees happy and government tax agencies satisfied. Unlike the large payroll companies, we customize our service to your needs and preferences and will go the second mile to satisfy you with our payroll service.
QuickBooks Installation and Training
- Many of our clients use QuickBooks or are thinking about it. Our experts will provide assistance ranging from initial installation and setup, training or simply answering specific questions you have about using the product.
- Our CPAs have worked with clients situations for decades and understand your needs to pay the lowest taxes allowed and build wealth. As professional financial planners, we will help you do that with our customized approach to financial planning and budgeting.
New Business Formation
- As small business owners ourselves, we have started successful businesses, moving the business from startup to profitability. We routinely assist clients with business formation decisions, strategies, and steps required to start and build successful enterprises.
- Development of formal plans is always a good idea but may be required by lenders and investors. We are experts in helping you draft and finalize a comprehensive and realistic plan that can become a great roadmap for development and growth of your business.
Profit Improvement Consulting
- Let our CPAs offer you objective advise on strategies and tactics to enhance revenue and lower cost, all with an eye towards improving your bottom line. We are seasoned business people and get excited about helping you grow your profits and ultimately the wealth produced by your business.